Taking Part in the Marple Carnival Parade
The Marple Carnival parade is a very important part of Carnival day. People line the streets to cheer the local groups and entertainment acts. It is also a great way to publicise you organisation or local business - for free!
The application form can be found further down this page. Before applying, here is some useful information if you are interested in taking part:
Things to think of:
If children are to take part; remember you will need permission slips signed by parents/guardians
You will need sufficient adults to help with the supervision of the group on the day; especially ‘walking groups. Suggested ratios (OFSTED/DCSF guidelines) are: ages 5-8 years, 1 adult for every 4 children; ages 8 years+, 1 adult for every 8 children
Please try to encourage your ‘helpers’ to dress up and be part of your group
Think about having music to go with your entry - this can help your group stand out
Please ensure that appropriate vehicle insurance is held for using a float i.e. public liability (check with your/vehicle owners current policy supplier)
Make a large banner to advertise your group – let everyone know who you are!
Organise flyers to hand out to the spectators advertising your group/services
NEW FOR 2020: Parade entries will be judged in two separate categories:
- Best float/ vehicle entry
- Best walking entry
What you need to do to apply:
- Fill in the application form below (at least 4 weeks before Carnival day)
Failure to supply the requested documents before Carnival Day might affect your application.
Applications for the parade are now open.
Please read the terms and conditions before applying.
By completing this form you agree with the storage and handling of your personal details by this website.
Your details will never be shared with third parties.
Take part in the Parade
Essential Documentation: Public Liability and Risk Assessment
Please upload a PDF copy of your public liability cover and a completed risk assessment (also a PDF). The maximum file size is 1MB each.
Terms and Conditions
1. All entrants must book in at the parade assembly point adjacent to the old public toilets on Oldknow Road NO LATER THAN 12pm and be ready to move off at 1pm promptly. Please sign in with one of the parade team, who will show you to your place within the parade.
2. Marple Carnival Committee reserves the right to refuse entry to any vehicle/ float/ group/ person which they consider to be unsuitable. In the event of a dispute the decision of the Committee is final. All entrants must complete the full processional route.
3. All vehicular entrants are to provide at least one marshal to be responsible for the safety of both the float and the watching public.
4. All entrants with children must provide sufficient adults to ensure the safety of those taking part at all times.
5. Collecting boxes and buckets will be at the parade assembly point and your help in collecting will be gratefully appreciated. All monies collected belong to Marple Carnival Committee and must be handed back to the parade assembly point at the end of the parade.
6. If you have any queries regarding the parade please speak to one of the Parade Marshals.
7. Marple Carnival Committee will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury to entrants or property.
Thank you in advance for considering supporting this community event.
Where your friends can wave you on